CompTIA is a world-renowned non-profit organisation that offers various IT certifications. Their credentials come in five categories including Core, Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, and Additional Professional. The certifications offered are intended for candidates of different skills level, and the A+ credential is the main one – as it opens doors to launch your career in IT. In this way, CompTIA A+ is one of the most credible networking certifications to earn once you ace the two interchangeable sets of exams:
- 220-901 and 220-902; or
- The new core tests’ sequence of 220-1001 and 220-1002.
Feel free to read the post at ExamSnap about the 220-901 exam which takes you a step closer to obtaining the CompTIA A+ credential.
More than 35,000 active-duty service members and Department of Defence employees today hold current CompTIA certifications, which are required for a large number of military and Department of Defence roles (Military.com, 2019).
Exam 220-901 Outline
The 220-901 exam is the first one that equips you with skills required to solve problems at your work place. The topics covered in this exam include:
- Hardware (34%);
- Networking (21%);
- Mobile devices (17%); and
- Hardware and network troubleshooting (28%).
The exam lasts 1 hour 30 minutes with 90 multi-choice questions (MCQ), drag-and-drop, and performance-based questions that validate candidates’ capacity to solve tasks in a simulated setting. To take 220-901 exam you will need to pay around $219.
Tips for 220-901 Exam Preparation
- Set Up the Goals:
- The best first step you can take before starting anything is to set up a goal that will give you a sense of responsibility and competitiveness.
- This will drive you forward to achieving your aim, in our case, to pass the 220-901 exam.
- Next, you can divide your major goal into minor tasks that will make the work targeted.
- For example, a minor task could be going through the whole syllabus in 3 months, or whatever time suits you.
- Create a Learning Schedule:
- Next, go on with a personal learning schedule.
- There can be default schedules available on the internet but they may not suit your purposes.
- To design a learning schedule, your first step would be to make a list of tasks you have to do in order to achieve the goals (Gantt Charts can be useful for this).
- Then, you should make a timetable showing the time slots you can utilise to prepare.
- Finally, allocate the time slots for the tasks you have on your list.
- Select Training Methods:
- Before starting to study, figure out which methods are best for you.
- For example, some people prefer reading books to gain knowledge while others find it hard to grasp knowledge from books.
- Likewise, try to select own preferred method of study.
- Remember Exam Objectives:
- Memorising the test objectives is something that may seem not so useful but it really is.
- By keeping in mind the objectives you will, at all times, know what you have to learn and which issues you have to focus on more.
- This will help you learn more efficiently and empower you with concentration and determination.
- Maximum Practice:
- Practice is the most important thing if you want to be an expert in your knowledge area.
- By practising, your proficiency stays active on the surface of your mind.
- This way, you will be able to recall concepts with no effort.
Resources to Prepare for 220-901 Exam
- Official CompTIA Resources:
- CompTIA supplies you with many techniques and sources to help with 220-901 exam preparation.
- E-learning facilities, tutor-led training, virtual lab options, and video preparation, exam training, and a study guide are all here for candidates’ success in exams to pass.
- These highly reliable materials are produced by CompTIA networking professionals.
- Professionals in the IT field have written many guides dedicated to the CompTIA A+ certification and its associated exams.
- You can find reference books that explain the concepts in a very clear and accessible manner.
- By referring to those books you can gain in-depth knowledge of the whole syllabus.
- Most publications now come with sample questions to be used to test your knowledge. You can found out more at CompTIA.
- YouTube or Amazon video training and tutorials have become a useful resourceful to turn to, becoming a popular method of learning, including anything related to IT. Hence, do not be shy inf finding and using tutorials for the 220-901 exam on these platforms.
- Exam Dumps:
- Exam dumps are very popular among students and professionals.
- Some people keep may be aware of them, but it is only because of some not-so-decent sites with genuine exam dumps.
- But if you discover a reliable site, like Examsnap you will become a winner!
- This acknowledged training resource offers the VCE Player which helps to open files with actual exam questions and verified answers vetted by IT professionals and training experts.
- You are absolutely recommended to use exam dumps in your preparation process, as you will learn the structure of questions that you will be having at 220-901 exam, get to know the approach to tackle them, and fill the gaps in your knowledge.
Jobs You Can Apply for with CompTIA A+ Certification
One of the perks of being CompTIA A+ certified is that you get access to the plurality of jobs and, as a result, more career opportunities. Here are some of them:
- Data Support Technician;
- Desktop Support Administrator;
- Technical Support Specialist;
- Help Desk Technician; and
- Associate Network Engineer.
With the CompTIA A+ certification under your belt, the benefits you are entitled to gain are numerous. However, earning this credential also implies passing the associated exams.
Many people tend to be greatly concerned about these assessments but you do not have to be anxious anymore. There are so many solid comprehensive resources available to help you prepare for your 220-901 assessment!
Revise the learned material by using the most valid exam dumps from Examsnap, ace the 220-901 exam and become CompTIA A+ certified in no time.
Military.com. (2019) Microsoft Announces Tech Training Program for Veterans. Available from World Wide Web: https://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/career-advice/2017/09/06/microsoft-announces-tech-training-program-for-veterans.html. [Accessed: 11 November, 2019].