Plan and organise group fitness running sessions.
5 in stock
The purpose of this training handbook is to provide fitness enthusiasts and professionals with the underlying theoretical knowledge and principles of running training in order to aid their development in delivering structured and well-planned fitness running sessions for either themselves and/or their clients, on either an individual- or group-basis. To this end the book will, from a running perspective, introduce the reader to:
- Basic biomechanics;
- Warming-up and cooling-down;
- Sports nutrition and exercise performance;
- Types of running training;
- Surface and terrain selection;
- Heart rates; and
- Basic training schedules.