The course module is aimed at individuals in management positions within training organisations responsible for implementing and overseeing Training Management Systems within a Defence and single-Service context. The course module is aimed at OR9 (WO (1)) to OF3 level (SO2) Service personnel/MOD civilians.
Defence Training Manager is aimed at staff whose primary role is to manage training practitioners in the Training Requirements Authority (TRA) or Training Delivery Authority (TDA) environment.
Applications should be made to DCTS Course Booking Cell. Courses are loaded 8 weeks prior to their start date. Applications received after the cut-off date are automatically placed on a reserve list. Applicants should pay particular attention to the section on course module justification and provide as much detail as possible to help DCTS staff determine their suitability for this module, or possibly other DSAT course modules. Line Managers/Candidate Sponsors are to confirm that candidates will complete the stipulated readings and learning activities prior to attending a particular workshop. Failure to do this will result in an application being rejected. Candidates who do not complete the readings and learning activities on arrival at DCTS may be removed from the Workshop.
- College: Defence Academy
- Category: Professional Development
- Duration Details: 2.5 days.
- Location: RAF Halton
- Delivery Method: Classroom
- Course Contact Details: Tel: 01296 656376 and Mil: 95237 6376
The course module will provide single Service and Defence Managers with the underpinning knowledge of:
- The major structures, processes and stakeholders in the defence training environment
- Key initiatives likely to impact on the training environment
- DSAT functional areas of training from a management perspective
Part 1 Workshop Preparation: prior to attending the Residential Workshop, candidates must complete the following readings and learning activities, which cover DSAT activities/deliverables (estimated time to complete will vary from candidate to candidate depending upon individual levels of experience and learning styles, but on average should take ~5 hours):
- JSP 822: Governance and Management of Defence Individual Training, Education and Skills (~ 2 hours):
- Part 3, Chapter 2: The Management of Individual Training and Education
- Part 4: DSAT QS
- DSAT Course Module 1 – DSAT – MOD Systems Approach to Training (hosted on the DLP), Code DSAT-02 (~3 hours)
Part 2 Workplace Training: this will cover Single Service and local procedures and processes and will be managed locally before and after Part 3.
Part 3 Residential Workshop: the 2.5 day Workshop, which runs at DCTS, provides additional underpinning knowledge and practice in the core skills required to manage all aspects of the Training function of DSAT.
Last updated: 13 May 2013