Aim of the Course
The aim of the course is to train OSHKOSH 6×6 Transporter Drivers to be competent and qualiﬁed Modiﬁed Light Equipment Transporter (MLET) Operators. This course concentrates on driving with a laden trailer by day and by night both on-road and on prepared tracks including the practical trailer elements of loading, unloading, load security and loading by winch training.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Any rank or grade.
- Must be a qualiﬁed and in-date Vehicle OSK 6×6 Driver-Transporter (course number 11T/0273) with a minimum of 12 months driving experience.
- Must hold a GB issued photocard driving licence with a minimum full category C+E entitlement.
- Must have completed Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Module 1 or national equivalent.
Five (5) working days, with two (2) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
- Students will be taught in load security and unloading an MLET trailer.
- Oversized loads training will also be conducted.
- Driving the OSK 6×6 and MLET trailer (loaded) on a bespoke training area and on the public roads will be assessed and tested throughout the course duration.
- Driver/operator maintenance procedures will be taught and tested on the MLET trailer.
Vehicle MLET Operator Competency.