Aim of the Course
The aim of the course is to train selected SNCO to be competent and qualiﬁed in managing dangerous goods and implementing driving standards, safety policies and campaigns. The modular based training will cover elements of road safety and how to set up convoy support centres and route recce off site.
On completion of this course, it is recommend that personnel attend the 11/0054 – Master Driver.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Selected RLC SNCO who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a minimum rank of substantive Corporal selected for promotion to Sergeant.
- Must be a Specialist Class 1 Driver Tradesman.
- Must hold a GB issued photocard driving licence with minimum full category C+E entitlement.
Twenty (20) working days, with four (4) courses per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
This 4 week course will see students learn the effective principles in managing a Military Transport (MT) ofﬁce. The syllabus covers the following:
- Manage the MT staff and equipment.
- Manage MT documents to meet ﬁrst line assurance.
- Manage driving standards implementing road safety policies and campaigns.
- Manage H&S in an MT environment.
- Manage driver licence training and testing.
- Plan a unit/sub-unit deployment into an operational environment.
Transport Specialist SNCO Competency.