Aim of the Course
This course enables students to learn how to launch and recover using a Combat Support Boat (CSB) 76ft long trailer following and executing vehicle operating procedures and Health & Safety procedures. The course is assessed throughout both theoretically and practically.
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Phase 3 (STT) personnel – must be minimum rank Substantive OR-3 serving in RE and RLC units equipped with CSB Transporting Trailers in order to attend the follow on Instructors course.
- Civilian Instructional Staff are entitled to attend.
- Must hold a GB issued photocard driving licence with a minimum full category C+E entitlement or national equivalent.
- Must have completed Defence General Service Driver (DGSD) Module 1, or national equivalent.
- RE Unit – Driver Class 1, Iveco Trakker vehicle SLDT (self loading dump truck)/ DTM (dump truck medium) Driver/Operator trained.
- RLC Unit – Driver Class 1, (vehicle Towing Platform tbc) Driver/Operator trained.
Five (5) working days, with one (1) course per year.
Defence School of Transport Leconfield.
Outline of Course
Students will be:
- Introduced to the CSB Trailer.
- Required to operate the CSB.
- Required to provide maintenance to Level 1 standard.
- Coupling/Uncoupling Procedures.
- Drive with a CSB Trailer.
- Launch a CSB from the Trailer.
- Recovery of a CSB to the Trailer.
- Follow Hydraulic, Health & Safety operating procedures.
Personal Protection Equipment is issued for the duration of the course.
CSB Trailer Operator Competency.