Aim of the Course
To train international EOD operators in UK Defence’s Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTPs) relating to Improvised Explosive Device Disposal (IEDD).
Facilitated by IDT(A).
- Officers and Senior Non Commissioned Officers (SNCO).
- ELTS level 6.
- Previous training in IEDD or experience of Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD).
Three (3) weeks, with two (2) courses per year.
Outline of Course
- Week 1:
- Covers all the theoretical aspects of IEDD together with the introduction and practical use of all current IEDD equipment used in the British Army.
- Week 2:
- Students are given realistic IEDD scenarios and are expected to carry out render safe procedures with supervision and guidance.
- This week is not assessed.
- Week 3:
- Simulated IEDs are deployed in realistic scenarios within a multi-million pound IEDD speciﬁc training area.
- All scenarios are based on real incidents; if possible from the student’s country of origin, and in every case the scenarios are actual IED incidents, which have, occurred somewhere in the world within the last 24 months.
Certificate of attendance only.