Body pains, especially the chronic ones, can be one of the most difficult things you will ever have to deal with. And, prescription medications are often given to help with pain management. However, because medication does not really address the root cause of the pain, people can become stuck in an endless cycle of medication dependence.
As a result, not only does it drain their wallets, but it may also increase their tolerance for the medications. In fact, common pain medicines such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS, such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen) have been found to increase a person’s risk for stroke. For this reason, people are now considering natural alternatives like Cannabidiol (CBD) to reduce their pain symptoms.
Best CBD Products for Pain Relief
CBD is a cannabinoid that can be found in hemp plants (cannabis sativa). Although there has not been a lot of clinical studies that fully conclude that CBD is effective for pain management, the few ones that have been done show that it has promising results. Here are two of the best types of CBD products for you to try out:
- CBD Oil:
- This is becoming more popular as an alternative treatment for nagging pains.
- Most products come with droppers so you can add it to your drink or food, or you can directly drop it into your mouth.
- It can also be used as a topical ointment.
- CBD Gummies:
- If you wish to have CBD in a discrete way, CBD gummies are now also available in the market.
- As the name suggests, they look like your typical gummy candies for children.
- When trying this out, you have to carefully inspect the label because these gummies have varying CBD dosages.
- CBD Soft Gels & Capsules:
- Soft gels and capsules are a water soluble, nano-emulsion formulation which facilitates rapid absorption and increased bio-availability, and many vendors have CBD capsules for sale.
Why is CBD Worth a Try?
Aside from being made with natural ingredients, CBD tends to be relatively safe compared to the highly chemical prescription pain medications and opioids. It can also help you manage symptoms of anxiety and insomnia. Listed below are a few common reasons why people choose CBD for pain relief:
- CBD Positively Interacts with our Endocannabinoid System (ECS):
- What exactly does this mean?Simply put, when CBD interacts with our ECS receptors, it creates pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory responses that helps the individual deal with pain better.
- Hence, people find it useful for a variety of conditions that come with pain, including chronic back pain, arthritis, and even cancer treatments.
- CBD is Not Addictive:
- Compared to CBD’s chemical cousin, THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD is not psychoactive so it does not make the individual ‘high’.
- THC is a cannabinoid that is present in marijuana which gives people those ‘high’ feelings.
- Hence, no matter how much CBD you take, you are not going to get stoned.
- This is a great thing because you can just focus on treating your pain.
- With other pain solutions (e.g. medications, THC, and opioids), you may have to deal with varying side-effects and/or withdrawal symptoms (if you happen to get addicted).
- CBD is Accessible and Widely Available:
- Since more and more countries are starting to legalise marijuana these days, CBD oil is also becoming more accessible and available.
- Growers of hemp plants no longer need to be discreet with their farms, and they also do not need to rely on black markets to sell their products!
- Because of this, they now have more freedom to experiment with various product forms, such as oils, capsules, gummies, tinctures, and topical creams.
- Despite the widespread legalisation, however, there are still places where using CBD oil is illegal.
- Therefore, before acquiring any CBD oil, make sure you review the laws in your area.
- CBD Can Help Improve Mood:
- Research suggests that CBD can positively affect how our brain receptors respond to serotonin, a chemical which is typically associated with mood and happiness.Because of this, individual were able to improve how they dealt with social anxiety.
- Since CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, when it works together with its mood-boosting properties, it becomes a lot easier for the individual to deal with pain.
- If they are lucky, it may even go away completely with consistent use.
Conclusion: CBD as an Alternative for Pain Relief
While CBD is still a relatively new solution for pain relief, experts see the huge potential of these products.
It can be effective in pain management without the adverse and addictive effects of medications and opioids.
If you do not have any significant health issues, CBD may be the natural pain solution you have been looking for.