Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England has published its first ever Mental Health Impact Report, sharing 12 years of history, achievements over the year 2018-19, and their plans for the future.
The report is a celebration of the whole community’s hard work and passion for improving the nation’s mental health.
Some facts from the report:
- Mental illness is the largest single source of burden of disease in the UK.
- One in four people experience a diagnosable mental health condition each year.
- However, only 70-75% of people with diagnosable mental illness receive no treatment at all.
- The total (financial) cost of mental ill health in England is estimated at £105 billion per year.
- More than 15 people per day took their life in 2017.
- Globally, over three million people have been trained in MHFA skills.
- Within England, since 2009, MHFA England instructors have trained over 400,000 people – over 140,00 of these were trained between April 2018 and March 2019 (2,530 were from the Armed Forces).
You can read the full report @ MHFA England’s website.