This is the third of four posts looking at the various titles within the fitness industry.
Recently, I have connected with a lot of new people on LinkedIn, and it was surprising to see the variety in the titles they used (for those within the fitness industry or having some link to it).
So, I decided to write down the titles of my connections and these four posts collate the results.
Some titles are fairly straight forward to understand and are also common, for example, Personal Trainer. Others seem to have a mixed outlook, for example, Performance Coach & Sales Consultant.
- Post 1: 56 Non-management titles.
- Post 2: 63 Management titles.
- Post 3: 27 Director titles.
- Post 4: 72 Sales, Support and other role titles.
Of course, this is only a snapshot of my connections and their titles.
Data suggests there are approximately 62,000 employed and self-employed fitness instructors, in some form of employment, in the UK in 2018, up from 44,000 in 2011.
01. Area Director.
02. Assistant Fitness Director.
03. Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
04. Chief Operating Officer (COO).
05. Chief Strategy Officer.
06. Corporate Director of Fitness/Wellness.
07. Customer Experience Director.
09. Director of Fitness.
10. Director of Leisure and Spa.
11. Director of Operations.
12. Director of Sales & Marketing.
13. Divisional Director.
14. Executive Director.
15. Fitness Director.
16. Global Training Director.
17. Instructor Experience Director.
18. Managing Director.
19. Managing Partner.
20. Operations Director.
21. Product & Fitness Director.
22. Product Development Director.
23. Regional Director.
24. Regional Fitness Director.
25. Sales & Product Planning Director.
26. Support Services Director.
27. Systems and Technology Director.