Facebook’s new service for workplaces, aptly named ‘Facebook at Work’ has been revealed.
However, details of the service make it look like normal Facebook, with two added words! Although the point is to make the new service appear and feel just like the original, which will make users feel more comfortable and familiar with using it.
Deborah Sweeney, writing in the Huffington Post, has some information on why businesses might want to adopt the service, including:
- The business controls what information is displayed;
- Users can login using their usual username and password;
- There will be Desktop, Android, and iOS versions;
- Facebook isn’t using the platform to sell ads… yet; and
- Users will be able to collaborate.
Most if not all outdoor fitness providers utilise Facebook and it could be a useful communication tool for employees/workers who will, most likely, already have a presence.
Sweeney, D. (2015) 5 Things Small Business Owners Should Know About ‘Facebook At Work’. Available from World Wide Web: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deborah-sweeney/5-things-small-business-o_b_6551304.html. [Accessed: 29 January, 2015].